CARPET CLEANING TIPSGet cleaning tips and tricks from our experts
Three Tips for Proper Carpet Care
from the CRI (Carpet & Rug Institute)
Carpet cleaning can feel like an overwhelming task, especially if you have many carpeted rooms in your home or kids who frequently make messes. No one really likes to vacuum or scrub out stains. However, in order to keep your carpets looking good for longer, it’s important to keep them clean. Getting into a regular cleaning routine can make it seem less difficult and you will see great results from it. Understanding the right way to clean carpet will help you save time by doing it correctly the first time with products that do the job right from the start. Not only will our Seal of Approval cleaning products help keep your carpet looking great, but they can also help meet the warranty requirements of the carpet manufacturer.
In order to make it as easy as possible, we have broken your basic carpet care down into three easy steps:
- Vacuum regularly with a well-functioning vacuum. Be sure to empty your vacuum often.
- Clean spots and spills quickly with products that do not damage the carpet or cause it to attract more dirt.
- Professionally deep clean your carpets at least every 6 to 12 months to remove built-up dirt and dust. For the best results and benefits, try a more frequent 6-month cleaning routine.
Prevent Carpets From Getting Dirty in the First Place
Preventing dirt and grime from getting on your carpet in the first place is a great way to keep it clean. The following helpful hints can stop dirt before it ever hits your carpet.
- Use mats. Outdoor and indoor mats or runners will catch dirt to greatly reduce the amount of dirt that enters your home.
- Take off your shoes. You can save wear and tear on your carpet by asking everyone to take their shoes off before walking on your carpet. Place a show shelf by the front door to make it easy.
- Change your air filters. Change air filters in your heating and air-conditioning systems as recommended by the manufacturer’s directions. The more dust and particles removed by the filter, the fewer that fall onto the carpet & furniture.
We provide superior residential and commercial carpet and upholstery cleaning services throughout San Juan County, NM including: Farmington, Aztec, Bloomfield, Kirtland, Fruitland, Flora Vista, Shiprock, Waterflow, Blanco, Cedar Hill, La Plata, Lee Acres, Navajo Dam, Riverside & Upper Fruitland.
San Juan County Chem-Dry
Carpet, Upholstery, Area Rug, Tile Cleaning in Farmington, NM
Call for A Free Estimate:
Hours: Mon-Fri 8am-7pm